Monday, February 18, 2013

Zombie doing exams

If you're reading this and you pay close attention to my posts on Facebook, you have an idea how my day is today but just in case, I'll repeat myself: I have 3 theory-intense exams today. As I'm writing this blog, 2 of them are already done... yeah! But I have one left in 3 hours and I need to kill some time so why not blog a bit. At the same time, my smart phone is charging.

The best way I can describe my state of mind right now is: I am a zombie. I finding out the power of coffee and energy drinks today. I'm actually really happy that I picked up smoking again in the last week. The nicotine is keeping me going and bringing down my anxiety levels. The beers that I had for lunch time where soothing from my delicate nature when I came out from my first exam. I'm doing this whole day with only around 4 hours of sleep. I've been cramming studies all week-end. When I say cramming, let me give you an idea of my schedule since Saturday morning. All I've been doing is studying a few hours then taking a nap. Wake up and studying again and take a nap, again. Rince and repeat so I haven't had a full night of sleep for 3 days now.

I did start the day by taking a shower and dressing pretty so I would feel good about myself. That was at 7:30 am. At this time of the afternoon, around 3:30 pm, my energy levels are now low and I still have one exam to go at 6 pm. I should be studying and filling the last bit of space I have left in my brain but an other side of me just wants to take a spot in the library and take an hour nap. The latter is getting more interesting now that I wrote it down.

My head is numb. I don't feel the majority of my body. Never will I take again 3 classes on a same day. It is rough and I'm not looking foward for the end of the semester.

A zombie needs a brain to be functionnal but I can't help wonder if a zombie can eat their brains. Mine is so rich in knowledge and pack with stuff that I'm sure it's pretty tasty. So off I go to sleep at the library and instead of screaming: "Brainnnnsss!" I'll just be: "Zzzzzzzzzz."

1 comment:

  1. ... first of all, sorry to invade your space like this, without being invited... thing is, I thought about you out of nowhere lately - isn't our mind a wonderful thing? - and a quick search and you popped up on my screen! Now, since I don't like the idea of "stalking" or whatever, I've decided to simply say "Hi!"...

    Since the Internet is a playground, I have a question for @AskShanna, but I'll only ask if we follow each other (you can find me easily via my "xing" on my http://free-io.blogspot.ca/)

    Until then, take care ;)

    ReplyDelete