Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 3 without WOW

Here's a side of me that a lot of you do not know : I'm a gamer, a PC MMO gamer. I've traveled Everquest to EQ2, to finally migrate to World of Warcraft. I've been around them for about 10 years... maybe more. I'm the gamer that can play 18 hours in a row, that can be in a raid for 7 hours on end, that can sit at her chair and not move a whole week-end unless to pay the delivery guy or to go to the restroom. Frankly, if there would be a hole on my chair with a bad hanging underneith, it would be heaven.

THIS IS A SIDE OF ME I HATE.

I hate it because I have an addictive personality. If we would go in psychology and look at the 5-model factors of Personality, I'm very strong in the Sensation seeking factor. The games aren't addictive, it's me who has issues to stop. If I get on them, I just can't stop. Well, I can but they stay always on my mind. January 2010, I decided to get away from Wow and succeeded 'till December 7th, when Cataclysm (an expansion pack of the game) came out. It was a Christmas thing to myself and my boyfriend! We each got Cataclysm and 2 months of "play-time". The 2 months are up for me... not my boyfriend, he got himself an other month.

So - it's been 3 days without Wow. It's on my mind, not constantly. I feel a bit of withdrawal symptoms when I get in front of my pc's screen... I'm not talking about getting the shakes, but almost. I miss it, but I have to tap myself on the back : I gave myself an ending date and I did. It's so easy to pick up my credit card and subscribe again.

I'll concentrate on my semester and then, in May, I'll reopen my account. Muahahahahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!!
    I'll go watch more wierd movies with you if you want lol :)

    ReplyDelete