Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Facebook - to befriend or not!

I'm aware that this has all been blog before about everywhere on the Interwebs. Just adding my two cents.

The more I dive in the virtual networking of Facebook, it makes me feel like I come from a very different social time. I don't have 300 or more friends. I have 90 something and it will come down in the next week or so. I'll be cleaning up my "friends" list, meaning: who am I still interacting with, which contact is still useful to keep, who am I seeing lately in the physical world, and so forth.

Then, there's the people you refuse or ignore. I have two good examples. My boyfriend's sisters want to "friend" me on my Facebook but that's all they are for now: my boyfriend's sisters. I don't know them personally, it doesn't mean I don't want that to change with time. I don't want to get to know them over the Net. Secondly, classmates from this semester are sending - Friend Request - on my FB page which I ignore or refuse simply again: "I don't know you". Consequently in both cases, it's taken personally and I get snobbed or looked upon. Seriously, it baffles me how people react to it. That's just one more reason not to befriend you in any way.

It all depends how you use Facebook. I have some personal stuff on there, some racy pictures and all good stuff that I like to share with people I know; or as I heard someone else says: "People I would invite over for dinner!"

Anyways, I've been writing this and popping back in FB to clean up the list. Mostly ppl I unfriended in Facebook have so many peeps on their own pages, they'll never notice that I'm gone from theirs.

(I'm at a spanking 80 friends. I'll gloat on how many few I have :) Still processing...)

1 comment:

  1. Very sensible view I must say. Still I hope that you will keep me in your list :)

    ReplyDelete