Monday, January 31, 2011

Being the comedy relief!

A while back... Approximately over a year ago, I participated in a documentary production. Last night, it was on Cable, on Canal Vie. The director of Bisexualité : Territoires secrets, Suzanne Guy, sent me an e-mail about a week before the showing. It got me so excited. Last e-mail she wrote to me, its last part just stayed stuck to me while the show was starting:

"... J'espère que tu seras contente de ta participation, moi je suis si heureuse que tu sois dans mon film Shanna.
On se reparle!
Suzanne"

I think I understand better that sentence now. When the production team was at my place in early 2010, it was mention that the documentary was becoming downbeat and taken a more somber road which wasn't Suzanne original idea initially. She told me back then : "I was like a ray of sunshine". I'm the documentary's COMEDY RELIEF.

Everybody talking about bisexuality in the film are very... I don't know how to explain it. Each time my face popped up on screen, I was bursting of energy and laughing/smiling with my super crooked smile. I was just being me. I'm glad that I participated on this project.

Me and Suzanne Guy, on set
One thing for sure - It's weird to see yourself on t.v.

1 comment: