Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holidays' end with "germs"!

As I wrote on my Facebook's page: "Spending time with people during the Holidays is the best! We share so much, even germs." Conclusively, I AM SICK! An aunt and a cousin were sick = my baby brother got sick, myself and now my boyfriend... oh joy! I'm sure others are too. A sure thing is I'm so happy to be sick as a non-smoker because before I would have been coughing my poor little lungs out. My throat would have been so irritated that my voice would have had a deeper tone. Drinking coffee is known to irritate even more a soar throat. I still drink coffee when I'm sick because of the effect of caffeine on the respiratory system but it doesn't hurt anymore.

Being sick at home, during my last week of vacation, gives you time to reflect. I should have been catching up on cleaning, organizing myself and planning for the next months but I'm still playing one of my Christmas present which is World of Warcraft. About the game, I am a good girl for I canceled my present subscription and my last playday for this turn is Feb 7th. I have to concentrate on my studies. Getting back on track, I got to think a lot about my family. My grand-parents are both in the late 70's and I get thinking that this past holiday could be the last with them. Aunts and uncles are always a pleasure to see, I had the privilege to see the ones from New-Brunswick (which that aunt was sick!!) and my aunt from Florida. I have another pair which live here in Quebec, that I see a bit more and always want to see more. My cousins were a surprise too - Jessica and her girlfriend were cute as a button; Sara and Derek - oh well that was a surprise. If any of my family members read this blog they would agree with that Sara totally flipped. I was expecting the unaffectioned, emotionally challenged teenager that I knew from 2008, but people can change a lot. My mom acted as the "kinkeeper" this year and consequently, she was all over the place: organizing, taking care of everybody and making sure my grand-parents were not doing too much.

Were there any negatives about this Holidays' season? Of course, it's family! I've searched all definitions for "family". They have all one common thing: it's a group of people. Every group of people doesn't get along perfectly all the time. They all have their drama, they all have their moments, they all have their cheers and they all have their laughs. What makes family different from other groups is the L.O.V.E. This love make the positive stand-out from those negatives. May our families be of biological or social makes-up, through that L.O.V.E. we are willing to forgive, to cherish and to restart it throughout the year and at the following Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment